Friday, September 26, 2008

Dennis Millers Head - a little thin.

Part 1:

Sarah Palin is not fit to be president of the United States, Dennis Miller is adamantly supporting the notion that she is. I asked him on his radio program today to look me in the eye (pretend please!!), to not blink, and say that she is fit to president of the United States of America. He did it and he got offended. I am not calling to be smug, mocking, or condescending. I am a recently registered Democrat, truly I consider myself as a Reagan disciple. I am an independent really-- voted Bush in 00 (okay?). He quickly regurged some boilerplate Repub talking points that sounded so old---so stale, yet spoken in vigor, I realized this struck a manic chord. The argument I have is that I am getting a sense of Partisanitice out of Dennis, begging the extreme--if you take all arguments to one, that, If Jack the Ripper were running under the Elephant banner, I get the impression that Miller would be persuaded to pull the lever - provided a twisted "smart argument" called for it, and he was still a person employed in the Entertainment Business.

I am not sorry to not have quickly belted out canned talking point snippets rebutting the conversation, I wanted to avoid diatribe, and I believe I did. I do know she is out of her league, he doesn't - fair enough. I would have liked to have mentioned that she should have never said yes to this, and that McCain is an absolute Jackass with his goliath sized blunders, this choice being the largest- in my "one voice - one person" judgment, and the evidence behind this judgment is easily presented, collected, and regurgitated by way of a modern day tool known as Google. Oh -- and Mr. Miller, in all due respect - I thank you for the opportunity to be on your program and have the chance to talk to you. If, in the future we "fence" again - I will bring a more combative game--- I didn't realize that you wanted your contention a bit more fistacuffish?

No comments: